Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thank You Brady Quinn

Today is a sad day. A day that has been coming since Brady Quinn was drafted to the Cleveland Browns. The Browns once again let me down, trading Brady Quinn to the Denver Broncos. Quinn is replaced by Jake Delhomme, and a few picks they received from Denver.

In a lot of ways this feels to me like history repeating itself. I remember that spring day in 2004 when the Browns signed Jeff Garcia and he was going to be the answer to all the problems at the QB position. They ousted Tim Couch in such a classless manner that he had a cause for lawsuit. The exile another guy who loved being a Brown and a guy who's time ran out here far before it ever had the chance to see a return on all the hopes and dreams we had on fans. It's extremely unfortunate, and it will not end as a good decision.

I wrote about Brady restoring dignity to this franchise and taking us to the promised land so many times. 2007 seems like so long ago. It's never going to happen now, but it wasn't for lack of effort on Quinn's part. The guy was a class act until the end and I will miss him. More then anything, I wish he would have just had a real run here. Like so many things in sports and more markedly; Cleveland Browns history, it just wasn't meant to be.

So long Brady. Thank you so much.

11 comments:

  1. He wasn't very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a joke? If it is, it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you Quinn gets incredibly good since he has a head coach who has always been very good with developing QBs (Josh McDaniels). They get fucking Peyton Hillis for him? PEYTON HILLIS???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be hatin on a former Razorback. Brady Quinn has an NFL career that maker Ryan Leaf look like a world beater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Like so many things in sports and more markedly; Cleveland Browns history, it just meant to be."

    I really hope English is your second language.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry God, I wrote it while I was at my real job. Just a typo. I will fix it tomorrow. PS suck me sideways

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does everyone keep overlooking the addition of Seneca Wallace? He will be KEY in getting the Browns to the Super Bowl this year. KEY, I TELL YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm certain the Browns organization will surround Ol' Horsefeathers with all the tools necessary to.. oh who am I kidding?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holmgren was asked by Dan Patrick on his radio show if they were going to have an open competition for the starting QB position and Mike answered that no decisions had been made regarding either of the two qb's. Basically, I knew right then and there that those two were out. Goodbye Quinn, hello Seneca Wallace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good riddance to the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quinn's doing one bang-up job in Denver! He'll solidify that 3rd QB spot any day now!

    ReplyDelete